Data Zoo recognises that consumers have rights over the use and dissemination of Information about themselves. Data Zoo adheres to the National Privacy Principles.
Data Zoo collates Information from many organisations to enable Data Zoo’s clients to perform related Data Zoo services in the use of this data. Data Zoo only access data that is privacy compliant.
Data Zoo is careful to recognise any valid requests from individuals to suppress their names from our clients’ marketing efforts. Consumers may request to opt out by writing to us at Data Zoo or contact the privacy officer. Consumers also have the right to ask Data Zoo what personal information we access about you. Consumers may request this by writing to us at Data Zoo or contact the privacy officer. Data Zoo reserves the right to charge a processing charge for this request.
Data Zoo only publishes personal information accessed from consumer consented records or from public domain information.
Data Zoo understands that your trust in us depends on how well we manage data and keep our Information and Systems secure. Our security is comprehensive, proactive and designed to ensure that all Information is secure in your dealings with Data Zoo.
Data Zoo conforms to the highest industry accepted security practices:
- Firewalls and encryption are used to protect all data and our applications and databases have built-in security that prevents unauthorised access, as well as electronic auditing to monitor access.
- Further information on our IT security policies can be provided on request
If you think Data Zoo has breached a Privacy Code, you should contact us and we will investigate your complaint in accordance with our Complaints Procedure. For further information on the complaints procedure please contact our privacy officer. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may complain to the
Held Personal information
As a visitor to our website, you will not be asked to provide any personal Information except where you send us an enquiry or where you are an existing customer with an assigned username and password. We may also collect personal Information from you when contact us. Collection of personal Information is for the purpose of carrying out our business.
Personal Information held by Data Zoo will only be used and disclosed for the following purposes:
- The purpose for which it was collected;
- Any other use or disclosure permitted by the Privacy Act, Code or applicable law;
- At times we may engage the Data Zoo services of trusted third parties to carry out Data Zoo services on our behalf, which may involve the use or disclosure of personal Information (for example lawyers, auditors, hosting Data Zoo services).
- To provide Information to individuals about products or Data Zoo services that we think may be of interest to them;
- To communicate special offers, promotions or market research surveys. Data Zoo will retain your personal Information for no longer than necessary in order to carry out its business.
Access and Correction
All requests to access Information held on an individual or company or an associate of the company must be directed to our Privacy Officer ONLY. Any additions or alterations will be actioned within a reasonable time; every effort will be made to have these updated within 24 hours. Individuals requesting a removal are flagged rather than deleted, so that they are not recaptured at a later date in accordance with Marketing Associations’ Best Practice Guidelines for Data Management.